Aging Related Organizations
- AARP offers many benefits, from money-saving discounts to opportunities to buy insurance. They offer education and information on everything from choosing the right senior insurance to managing money and finances to traveling abroad or living abroad.
- Aging.com whose mission is to help older adults who want to live independently plan their finances, and take charge of their health care. From aging in place to insurance to government programs, you will find lots of user-friendly guides to help you to make informed decisions. Aging.com is dedicated to connecting seniors with public and private organizations that can help you prepare your home, your bank account, your body, and your mind to age your way.
- American Society on Aging has lots of free information. This organization helps protect the quality of care and quality of life of seniors. This is an excellent resource for seniors and caregivers. It is also an outstanding resource for community leaders and leaders of companies that help or provide services to seniors.
- Leadership Council on Aging Organization is a group of non-profit companies that represents 70 non-profit organizations focused on national politics and serves as a voice for seniors.
- National Council on Aging is a powerful organization that helps push senior health and living agendas on a national level. This is a site with deep resources that help seniors stay healthy, secure, and independent.
- National Association of Area Agencies on Aging helps seniors find care in their area. The organization checks on the providers and cultivates a list of preferred providers which meet their guidelines. They are an advocate for seniors and play an active role in helping to reduce elder abuse.
- Senior Living – helps seniors find appropriate living and care. Their site is rich with information and tools that help you find care organizations within the local communities. They also show you ratings for care providers and pricing.
Senior Volunteer Organizations
- Corporation for National & Community Services runs the Senior Corps., which helps seniors to find volunteer positions on the local level. Their services include volunteer positions that help other seniors.
- Volunteer Match matches volunteers with causes that are important to the volunteer, like animal rights, advocacy for seniors, art opportunities, working with children, and community-based opportunities that help to build better and lasting relationships.
- Projects Abroad helps seniors find volunteer opportunities in foreign countries, that build upon the skills and work experience of the retired and seniors.
- COVID19-CA.GOV – Confused about when to wear a mask? Get the up-to-date Governor’s updates here.
- Santa Cruz County Health Services Agency (HSA) – The HSA exists to protect and improve the health of the people who live within Santa Cruz County. They provide health education, advocacy, planning, and clinical services to promote and protect the health of the community.
- California Health & Human Services Agency (CHHS) – This organization helps seniors find volunteer opportunities in foreign countries. These opportunities build upon the skills and work experience of retired and seniors.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – CDC is the nation’s health protection agency, working 24/7 to protect America from health and safety threats, both foreign and domestic. CDC increases the health security of our nation.